Monday, February 04, 2008

A Gentle Pace...

I've been noticing that over the last week, since returning to my little Boulder sanctuary, I have been moving at a different pace.  Rather than flinging myself recklessly into my life - or worse yet, living by obligation - I've been moving slow and deliberately - with radically methodical mindfulness.

I am actually allowing myself, granting permission, to stop.  To not do too much, as seems to be the disease of this day and age... To not do just because I think I "should." To actually say "no." It feels like I've gained perspective and have stepped off the treadmill. In yoga, in singing practices, in work even, I'm taking each step slowly, deliberately - not rushing ahead past what is present now. I am only taking on so much every day as feels healthy and graceful to my energy flow. And I am setting aside time to catch up on simple things - working with teaching videos and cds I've never popped in the player, writing and reading when I feel like it, sitting in my music space nightly surrounded by all my instruments...

Most of all, I'm finally allowing myself to accept that there is ample time to live this way. In fact, it's the way we were meant to live!

Even in my simple daily movements - the way I walk across the room, pick something up, rise from sitting... - even in these most simple of tasks I see a mindfulness taking place. While perhaps I am moving a bit slower, mindful awareness makes me more efficient. I think perhaps ultimately this will be the way I will age gracefully...

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, i see your journeys have taught you much. Isn't presence a profound and elusive gift of the beingness of human? You wear it so beautifully, and still so much practice to... practice.
I'm happy that the gift of music has inspired you as well.
So nice to rendezvous at the cross-roads with you once again...
You've reminded me of my light,the reflection in the prism of snow falling now in our desert mandala.
May the winds of destiny bring us together again, when it is time... timeless, emptiness, surrender, breath, death..... MUSIC!
much love to you-
-Gregory

21:48  
Blogger Ariana Saraha said...

Ahh, bless you dear soul - and thank you for the reflection you shine back at my in your words, and in your being...

Om Shanti ~ A

15:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home