Friday, January 30, 2009

Sharing...

Just tonight I have found peace with this time of introspection, and this long sabbatical from performing - what a Sweet Blessing, actually, to have this down-time...

I've spent so much of my life thinking about what I "should" be doing, how to be more successful... but right now am settling into Contentment with the truth that it feels very NOURISHING to take time for inner-enrichment.

Wow, CONTENTMENT! What a merciful and Noble sentiment!! May we all find contentment - Santosha - within our lives: knowing that who and what we are is Enough, that each moment is Perfect and full.

In this "down time," I've been deeply studying the voice - delving into the roots of its power and beauty, from both soulful and technical standpoints... I'm falling in love again and again with the ocean of Raga music... And a few incredible new compositions have come through me... But most of all, I'm confronted day-in and day-out with mySELF - that sometimes-shaky, yet thru-it-all-STEADFAST self that I walk as in this life. I've been getting to see my most delicate fears, my tenderest soft-spots, my Visions of Beauty...

And I embrace it all! I am THANKFUL for it all - this human experience is such a precious gift - the passion and the pain, the peaceful moments and the deep wounds, the friends and the enemies.

Most precious, I believe, is that we SHARE it all. In this inward time, it has been the love of friends - sometimes here, sometimes far - that has sparked remembrance in my heart.

And when I arrive at this place of peace, the first thing I think of is those I love - for this Love is for sharing...

In Gratitude...

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home