Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Eternal Gypsy...

So my delightful cottage is up for sale - soon I may have to move again...

Of course, I knew that would happen eventually. There's no sustainable water source here, not enough land to plant fruit trees and have a horse, and it belongs to someone else anyways... sigh.

The first song I ever wrote was called "Gypsy Woman." It popped out, unannounced, in a voice that I'd never heard before - the beginning of this medicine journey of song... Since then, I've often understood God, or Great Spirit, to be a Gypsy Spirit - belonging to none, always moving and changing, flowing on and on through every living thing... I understand that this song is not my "own," nor any of my possessions or life choices, not even this very body - it is simply a momentary manifestation of this great and changing Spirit, blessing us with its Presence.

The night I learned the house was on the market, I was in fantastic spirits - knowing the way of the universe would sweep me into the next perfect thing. But I also cried - sorrow for feeling continually displaced in this world, longing for home roots where I can plant my nettles and meadowsweet in the earth...

But then I remembered - when I remember my true and lasting connection with God, with this Gypsy Spirit within, when I am at peace within the everchanging oceans and storms within my own heart - then all these external changes cease to affect me. And I am at Peace. :-)

So I thank God, and thank Grace, for always showing me the way...

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home