Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Definition of G-O-D

Okay, I didn't mean to get into this definition thing when I wrote that piece called "...Closer to GOD," but it happened...

Yesterday a piece of poetry from the Bhagavad Gita popped into my head whose essential translation is such: Brahma ("God") is the offerer, the offering, and the fire into which the offering is poured... Sounds like a fancy way of saying "God is Everything" (see that other post if you need...).

But as I was pondering on this concept, I fell in love with the idea of ennobling my singing with this particular awareness. How so? Well, if the act of singing is to be a fully conscious act of G*@, I would have to be conscious of all aspects - not only am I consciously singing (conscious of offering), but I am also the free-flowing river of song (the offering itself), and the awareness, or fire, it is being offered into. So not only am I the singer and the song, but the receiver...!

Perhaps it sounds easy (and perhaps it is!), but it is a delicate edge to hold all of these angles at once, in Pure Awareness...

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home